Imam Aliy Praising Abu Bakr & Omar قول الإمام علي عن أبي بكر وعمر
Muhammad bin al-Hanafiyah once asked his father (Imam Aliy) about Abu Bakr and Omar, he said: I asked my father who is the best of people after the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him)?
He said: “Abu Bakr”. Then who? He said “Then Omar”. Then I was afraid he would say Othman, I said: then you? He said: I’m just a man from the Muslims. Related by al-Bukhariy in his Sahih.
If Imam Aliy affirms the status of Abu Bakr, Omar , Othman & Prayed behind them, so why argue?
Imam Aliy let his daughter marry Omar,& who named his kids Abu Bakr, Omar & Othman as al-Hussein did, he also named his children: Abu Bakr, Omar & Othman. And Imam al-Hussein named one of his sons: Abu Bakr, this shows their great love to the companions.
The Sahabah (Prophet Muhammad's companions) loved dearly and respected Ahlul-Bayt (Family of the Prophet peace be upon him).
However some Shia claim that only Ahlulbayt are righteous, and that the companions are not. Some of them cuss and curse the companions, namely the first three Khulafa, Imams Abu Bakr, Omar and Othman (Radiallahu ^Anhum); claiming that the caliphate was taken from Imam Aliy by force! But history is clear on the fact that Imam Aliy himself gave elegance to these honorable Khulafas and that he was the fourth Khalifah. He respected them highly and they respected him highly for his vast knowledge and relation to the Prophet peace be upon him. There are many narrations of examples of this mutual love and respect:
1. Imam Abu Hurairah once was on a horse, he saw Imam al-Hussein walking, with dust on his shoes. Then Imam Abu Hurairah dismounted the horse and bent down and cleaned his shoe for him from dust, and he said: "This is how we treat Ahlul-bayt". So he loved them.
2. Imam ^Aliy Radiallahu ^Anhu had a daughter and he gave her in marriage to our Master Omar Radiallahu ^Anhum.
3. Imam ^Aliy had three children that he named: Abu Bakr, Omar and Othman.
4. Likewise Imam al-Hussein had three children with the same names: Abu Bakr, Omar, and Othma.
5. Also Imam al-Hassan had a son named Abu Bakr. This indicates their love and respect to the Sahabah companions of our Prophet (Sallallahu ^Alayhi Wa Sallam).
And we, as Ahlus-Sunnah Wal Jama^ah, hundreds of Millions of Muslims today, regard and love highly the great and noble grand son of our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, the great martyr Imam al-Husein, the son of Aliyy may Allah raise their ranks and accept their good deeds.