Verses Transliteration - Tilawah with Tafseer
2. Al-Hamdu lillahi Rabbil- ^alamin
4. Maliki yawmid-Din.
5. Iyyaka na^budu wa iyyaka nasta^in.
7. Siratal-ladhina an ^amta ^alayhim, Ghayril-maghdubi ^alayhim wa lad-dallin.
Note these characters:
H = ح
^ = ع
S = ص
The Meaning of the Fatihah (Opening Chapter of al-Qur'an)
1. I start my recitation with the Name of Allah (the One Who deserves to be worshipped), Who is ar-Rahman (the One Who is merciful to both Muslims and non-Muslims in this life), and ar-Rahim (the One Who is merciful to Muslims only in the Hereafter).
2. Praise and thanks to Allah, the Rabb (Owner) of the worlds (of angels, humans, jinn, and others) for the givings He granted without Him being obligated to do so.
3. He is ar-Rahman (the One Who is merciful to both Muslims and non-Muslims in this life), and ar-Rahim (the One Who is merciful to Muslims only in the Hereafter).
4. He is the Owner of the Day of Judgment.
5.To You (Allah) only we dedicate worship (the ultimate subjugation), and from You (Allah) only we seek help.
6. Keep us guided (firmly) on the Straight Path (Islam),
7. Which is the Path of those upon whom You bestowed guidance by Islam (prophets and other Muslims), not the path of those whom You willed to punish, or the path of those who went astray.
* There are 14 doubled letters (Shaddah) in al-Fatihah that must be stressed.
* It's optionally recommended to say before "Bismillah.." :
أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم = 'A^udhu billahi minash-Shaytanir-Rajeem
which means: I seek refuge with Allah from the outcasted devil (satan)